Re: Gum : dichromate concentration

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@montana.net>
Date: 11/30/03-08:22:22 PM Z

> Oh, and I forgot to mention (this time, tho I've said it MANY times
> before) that I do not normally get yellow dichromate stain in need of
> clearing bath -- except in times of trouble, as on extremely hot humid
> days with no air conditioning, or leaving coated paper a couple of days
> before exposure...
>
> J.

Judy,
     Has your yellow dichromate stain cleared always from the borders, too?
And in 10 or 20 minutes of "development" as well as longer development?
Mine never cleared from the borders with the high dichromate concentration
unless I potassium metabisulfited it. In reference to cadmium yellow, this
is the first time I have experienced clear, brilliant yellow borders and not
yellow ochre ones, even when I used to clear it. I know that is a function
of exposure, but you have to expose the image area enough to get it to
stick, and the borders always were therefore overexposed (I don't mask my
borders). So, now, even the borders look good!
Chris