Dektol

From: henk thijs (henk.thijs@hetnet.nl)
Date: 10/03/03-09:13:56 AM Z

Richard and others said:

> I don't think Dektol has changed. Its life in an uncovered
>tray is only about 24 hours.

I am not so sure about it; I was always keeping a really dark orange
soap of used Dektol for month in order to be able to make pseudo
solarisation, and it was astonishing that I could develop after quit
some time. That is not possible with the 'new' 1 liter packages (no
tins). But maybe it is something else in the range of numerous
factors in photo-chemistry: dirty trays, dirty tap-water,
brain-damage....Better to start again from scratch.
Anyway, many thanks for the replies,
Cheers,
Henk

--