Re: Digital cyanotype negs

From: Sandy King (sanking@CLEMSON.EDU)
Date: 10/16/03-10:54:07 AM Z

As far as I am concerned the Epson 2200 is the best printer for
making digital negatives. I saw the note from Perry about not being
able to build up enough density with the 2200 to get good highlights
but I have to assume his problem is media, not the printer. The 2200
is widely used with Pictorico and with this media is capable of
making excellent negatives with a high enough density range for
palladium printing. I have to assume either that Perry used some
other media that won't hold the pigmented ink of the Epson 2200 as
well as Pictorico, or if not, something is wrong with his printer.

I used the Epson 2000P, the immediate predecessor of the 2200, and it
too is capable of making excellent negatives for digital printing
with plenty of density for printing with alt processes.

Sandy King