pH meter

From: Kris Erickson (kris.erickson@utoronto.ca)
Date: 10/16/03-11:31:53 AM Z

Hi all,
Can anyone comment on the relative merits of using a pH meter in general
photographic practice? Dick Stevens more or less swears by it for
fine-tune controlling of general photographic practice and especially
for hand coated processes like kallitype (I'm only recalling what I
read, and that is likely poorly remembered).
I'd like to make an informed decision before I invest in one.
Any comments, references, hyperlinks, etc. are greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Kris