Re: new topic - framing of alternative prints

From: Carl Weese (cweese@earthlink.net)
Date: 10/22/03-06:22:09 AM Z

Ian,

For my Pt/Pd work, I think black frames are too harsh. So are typical
bright-white mat boards. That framing distracts from the subtle tonality of
the prints themselves. I use 'natural' or ivory mats and thin wood frames in
a "walnut" color. You can see some digital snaps of an installation earlier
this year at this link:

http://www.carlweese.com/SRS.html

The decision really depends on the work. Bold, contrasty silver prints often
look great in bright white mats and black frames. The presentation has to
fit the work.---Carl