Re: Microtek ScanMaker 9800XL. . . ?

From: Don Bryant (dsbryant@mindspring.com)
Date: 09/04/03-02:11:45 PM Z

Katharine,

>I don't know about the Epson Perfection, but I have the Epson Expression
1680 with TPU that I bought for somewhere around there ($800) in 2001,
and I really like it. (But then it replaced a 300 ppi UMax from the
early 90s, so it wouldn't have to be very wonderful to impress me quite
a lot!)

It's the same scanner I believe.

I scan negs up to 8x10 and down to 35mm with it, as it actually scans
35mm better than my Nikon LS-2000, which has never performed to my
satisfaction.

Wow, the LS-2000 must be pretty bad.

I'm hesitant to purchase the 1680 because I think newer scanners from Epson are coming out but if I could purchase one at the right price I might give a go. Thanks for your input.

Don Bryant