Re: benefit of digital camera

From: John ^lt;ap@darkroompro.com>
Date: 04/13/04-06:10:33 PM Z

At 02:14 PM 4/13/2004 -0700, you wrote:

>Each person's experiences and needs are different but I urge you to
>consider more than just cost before you pick up a new camera.

         Certainly a good idea. For instance I captured many images of my
sons second birthday party with my Fuji S602 and downloaded them to my PC.
That on a Friday. On Sunday I went to backup the HDD and the primary went
belly up _DURING_THE_BACKUP !!

         Fuji S602 - $590
         Western Digital HDD - $135
         Sons 2nd BD pics - Priceless.

         So I spent the next 3 days doing data recovery on a limping hard
drive. Something that most people don't have the skill to do.

         3 days of my time off - $$$$$$

         But then that's also the cost of having a happy wife !