Re: streaks in scan

From: Carl Weese ^lt;cweese@earthlink.net>
Date: 04/27/04-09:31:46 AM Z

Have you tried to apply the necessary adjustment curve in the scan
preview? The more you get done in pre-scan, and the less you do
afterwards in PhotoShop, the better. Also, try Epson Scan instead. I've
had far better results with the 4870 using the supplied Epson Scan
software than the supplied version of SilverFast.

---Carl

On Apr 26, 2004, at 10:46 AM, Jon Lybrook wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm scanning a 4x5 transparency at 48bit on the Epson 4870 Pro using
> SilverFast, converting it to greyscale and am getting vertical streaks
> in the file. The streaks aren't noticeable until I apply an
> adjustment curve or otherwise brighten the image. I've managed to
> minimize them by doing a multipass scan, but they still exist. They
> are apparent in the file and on whatever output device I send them to,
> so I know it's not a printer problem.
>
> Is this ugly artifact in the subtle black areas simply to be expected
> from the flatbed scanners or is there something I'm doing wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> Jon

Web Site with Picture Galleries
and workshop information: