RE: Daguerreotypes again-mercury

From: Gregory Popovitch ^lt;greg@gpy.com>
Date: 08/24/04-06:31:05 AM Z

Hi Etienne,

You are right, mercury vapors are odorless and therefore
you can poison yourself without knowing it. No danger for
that to happen with bromine :-)

You can purchase indicator strips with a danger sign which
gets colored after being exposed to mercury vapors. People
in the industry normally wear these on their lab coat to
know if they've been exposed, but you can also hang these
in your daguerreotype darkroom and that way you'll know if
you have any leak.

gregory