Re: Those darn fish-eyes

From: Dave Rose ^lt;cactuscowboy@bresnan.net>
Date: 01/06/04-01:54:16 PM Z

Yes, the gelatin should be hot. Your procedure is OK, although it's not
necessary to keep the gelatin in cold water for "several hours" prior to
heating it up. Fifteen minutes should be sufficient. It may be easier and
faster to directly heat the gelatin solution on the stove burner, rather
than using a water bath.

I sometimes see the "fish-eyes" when coating paper. Typically it will
appear on the initial pass of the brush, but subsequent brush strokes will
close it up and create a blemish-free coating.

Dave in Wyoming
-30F this morning!