Temperaprint

From: David J. Greiner Jr. ^lt;godlike@elp.rr.com>
Date: 01/28/04-12:59:07 AM Z

Hello all,

   Amongst my vandyke, cyanotype and gum playing around (yeah, at this stage
of practice, It feels more like playing around..lol) I've also been
attempting the temperaprint. I have a serious problem with it that I
haven't been able to figure out. After exposure, when I'm developing the
picture, I keep rubbing off the emulsion. I usually just end up with a white
box where my negative was. I've been rubbing very gently, to the point that
I'm barely touching the paper. I've tried various brushes from course to
super soft to no avail. Several times I've been able to get peices of my
picture to stay and those parts looked great, so I'm pretty sure it's not
exposure. I thought maybe there was a problem with the eggs I was using,
but I've gone so far as to drive out to the "country" and buy freshly laid
eggs and still have the same problem. I was originally using Pot.
Dichromate but am now using amm. dich (as per the recipe given by Mr.
Fredrick) and I still have the same problem. To top off everything I've
tried, I first started using watercolor paper (very heavily sized first) but
now I'm using the recommended Yupo. There must be something I'm doing
wrong, but I can't figure out what. If this was just something I was doing
for fun, I'd move on to something else. Problem is, I love the look of this
process, even more than gum and figured I'd ask for some assistance before I
continue any further.

Two more questions about the process I'd like to ask, for when I get it to
work. Is there a difference in using Amm or Pot. Dichromates other than
printing speed or the like? I only ask as I can get the Pot. Dich. locally
so that's simply for convenience. Also, how fast does the egg colloid go
bad and lose effectiveness? I only ask as I print in the morning and
evening (before and after work) and was wondering if say, 12 hours would be
too long to keep it? I'd test this myself, but I've already got enough
problems....lol

  Thank you!

    -David-

*****
"I don't really trust ideas, especially good ones...."
                          -Robert Rauschenburg

---