Re: Temperaprint & Gum

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 01/29/04-11:52:32 PM Z

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Loris Medici wrote:
> 1) Gum is very expensive if you buy the "premium" versions and I
> couldn't find any "cheap" litographer grade gum in my area, also I think
> mixing my own gum from raw gum tears will not be as easy / convenient as
> using egg yolks.

Do you have any commercial printers -- that is companies that print offset
-- in your area? Their lithographer's gum (in this country) costs from
$16 to $19 dollars a gallon, which is 4 liters. I found that every one of
4 or 5 different makers that I've used excellent -- much better than the
"premium" gum.

But even the "premium" isn't that expensive over here-- unless you mean
the winsor newton gum arabic which costs about $8 for a couple of ounces.
It actually works OK, and goes further than you might expect -- but still
so expensive as to cause printer's cramp.

On the other hand, I want to print on PAPER, not plastic. But what's YUPO?

Judy