RE: 5 Digital Camera Questions

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 06/13/04-10:21:06 PM Z

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004, Eric Neilsen wrote:

> Bracket and over lay to avoid blown out digital images.

What do you mean by "overlay"?

In this kind of shooting, bracketing may not be feasible -- or let's say i
have to do a little less fumbling and groping before I get bold enough to
expect folks to stand still for three shots...

> use your digital image software to soften the edges, don't worry about
depth of
> field. The digital age is a different way of image completion, you are not
> held to the same "in camera" capture quality ...

thanks for that Eric -- I've been saying all along, "OK, I'll fix it in
Photoshop," but felt that that was somehow illicit... I don't expect to
feel fully entitled right off but it looks like I may also change the
mindset: I've been noticing that some of those sharp sharp sharp
backgrounds look great!

J.