Re: 5 Digital Camera Questions

From: Editor P.O.V. Image Service ^lt;editor@p-o-v-image.com>
Date: 06/13/04-11:23:12 PM Z

Judy Seigel wrote:

>thanks for that Eric -- I've been saying all along, "OK, I'll fix it in
>Photoshop," but felt that that was somehow illicit...

Not at all illicit Judy. Keep in mind that even when we work with RAW
files in Photoshop, we are altering the original layout of the data.
When not using raw images, the camera itself sharpens, saturates, noise
reduces, etc... The paradigm is different..

So, feel 100% comfortable about fixing things in Photoshop.

PS - I was an in-camera purist for years. But there's room in my life
for both an in-camera purist style and a more photoshopped style now..

--

Keith Krebs
"Just some guy," caretaker of the Multiverse's largest EPSON printer