RE: Platinum Gold Toning Kallitypes

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@CLEMSON.EDU>
Date: 03/02/04-10:05:31 AM Z

Loris,

I never actually made the sodium citrate. It is not really all that
expensive here in the US so I just buy it already mixed. It might
make more sense, however, to mix your own potassium oxalate since it
is tends to be quite a bit more expensive than sodium citrate.

About the toning, I am able to use such small quantities because I
tone in *flat bottom* trays that are just barely larger than the
print. Just keep the toner in motion for the first minute or so of
toning. After a minute or so you need only move it around from time
to time.

I have found no other way to get any consistency in toning except by
the use of fresh toner which is discarded after use.

Sandy