Re: Alternative Processes and Concept and Temporality and Therapy

From: Steve Bell ^lt;sbell1@artic.edu>
Date: 03/11/04-11:39:39 AM Z

Hey John,

thanks for getting back.

this is definitely something that i've been thinking about. the process of work
as therapy. i come from a pretty radical political perspective, a lot of times
decrying work (in the labor, captial sense) as negative to natural human
desires, and so often my connotations with the word "work" often are negative.
but the more i work on art, the more positive the process becomes. creative
production, i feel, is important to human spirituality. i don't wanna get too
mystical here, but i think you were hinting at that kind of idea, and i think
making things with our hands in really tactile ways does something for our
psyches.

problem solving as a form of therapy. good stuff.

keep up the good work.

steve

Quoting Grafist@aol.com: