Re: Tanning theory of dichromated colloids (was gelatin

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 05/07/04-03:07:39 AM Z

Katharine Thayer wrote:

> Ryuji Suzuki wrote:
> >

> > Take that idea for a moment and comment on how similar gelatin and
> > leather are, and why discussion on one is useful for the other, and to
> > what extent. (in 250 words)
> >

> Not very much. At all. Not very useful. At all.

While we're at it, perhaps you'd like to comment, in as many words as
you like, on how similar gelatin and gum are and why I should take the
hardening of gelatin with chrome alum as a model for the photoprocess of
dichromated gum. ;-) I don't think gum and gelatin are are much closer
than gum and leather, and they are sure way farther apart than gelatin
and leather.
kt