Re: Lenswork

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 05/21/04-04:33:58 AM Z

Katharine Thayer wrote:

> Ender100@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > I see that the upcoming issue of Lenswork magazine has an article:
> >
> > Embracing Beauty: The Postmodern Pictorialist Landscape Photograph
> > by Katharine Thayer
> >
> > could this be the Katharine Thayer from this list? I haven't seen the >article yet, but if it is indeed Katharine of this list, >congratulations!
>
> Hi Mark,
> The very one, but I sure hope that's not the title as printed.

I spent a sleepless night over this, but this morning am assured that
the subtitle that was printed was my own working title, which used the
designation "Post-Postmodern" rather than "Postmodern." The article is
largely an argument against postmodern values and postmodernist dogma
about landscape photography, so a title that made it appear as if the
article were about postmodern pictorialism wouldn't have represented the
content well at all.
Katharine