Re: formula needed: Gum Arabic from powder

From: Catherine Rogers ^lt;crogers@optusnet.com.au>
Date: 11/24/04-05:43:56 PM Z

Hi all,

I know the discussion has wandered a little from the original question and
this may be a little redundant now, but I finally found the gum recipe I
learned at the Visual Studies workshop many many years ago.

For gum 12.5 baume - 14 baume
300 - 350 grams powdered gum arabic to 1 litre of distilled water.
Let it stand for 3 days.
>From memory it dissloved/settled before that but I guess 3 days makes sure.
Trying to stir it wont help much.

best