Re: list messages

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 10/04/04-10:56:52 PM Z

From: "Gordon J. Holtslander" <holtsg@duke.usask.ca>
Subject: list messages
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 17:45:48 -0600

> The list is still functioning, but it looks like at least one spam
> blocking service (spamcop) is was blocking mail from this list

I also experienced the symptom of no incoming alt-photo email
(including my own post) for past 3 days. Quick check on email headers
suggest that the delay was related to skynet.usask.ca or
skyway.usask.ca (sask.usask.ca) during delivery of the list messages.
A typical header goes like this:

  [...]
   (PMDF V6.2-X27 #30875) id <01LFL0S36ACW8Y0243@sask.usask.ca>
   (original mail from sanking@clemson.edu) for rs@silvergrain.org; Sun,
   03 Oct 2004 05:37:16 -0600 (CST)
  [...]

(My email provider's server (mx2.messagingengine.com, aka
smtp.us.messagingengine.com) has been working fine for emails from
other sources, and the alt-photo list email address is on my white
list.)

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"You have to realize that junk is not the problem in and of itself.