Re: Graphic Arts Lamps (for KT or anyone else who cares to answer)

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 10/14/04-03:15:15 AM Z

Schuyler Grace wrote:

> Katharine,
>
> Do you know the brand name and/or model number of the bulb you are using to
> expose your prints?

I use the GE photoflood #2 bulbs labeled EVB. Use in a heavy-duty
porcelain socket, because although I don't find that it generates heat
in the print, the bulb does generate quite a lot of heat at its base.

I seem to get better results (to my eye) using sunlight
> to expose both platinum and gum than I do with my bank of fluorescent lamps,
> and I'm considering trying a setup like you use, if it isn't going to cost
> an arm and a leg to rig it up. From what I have heard/read, your light
> source yields a print similar to that exposed with sunlight, but you don't
> have the heat and changing light output issues.

Hmm, I don't know about that, but since I don't know different I guess
I'll have to take your word for it.

> BTW, I'm writing through the list because SpamCop is blocking my e-mail
> directed to you.

That's annoying, to know that I'm missing real mail. Your server must
have been blacklisted recently, maybe?
Katharine