Re: Handmade paper

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 10/27/04-10:11:53 PM Z

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, STUART GOLDSTEIN wrote:

> My mind might be failing me but didn't Ernestine Ruben
> make gum prints on handmade paper? I might be wrong
> but I thought that I saw them at the John Stevenson
> Gallery around 1999 or 2000.
>
> Judy, do you remember seeing these prints? I think
> there were only a handful of gum prints on handmade
> paper, the majority of the images were PT/PD.

Ernestine's last show at Stevnson was maybe a year ago? But I'm sure it
was only gums... in fact wait a minute, here it is from the caption of a
photo in an article in, you should pardon the expression, Post-Factory #9,
page 43: The show was Sept 10 - Oct 18, 2003, all gum prints. The papers
she uses, it says here, are Merten Speisse, BFK Rives, and BFK Rives
Moulin du Gue (aka (Rives de Lin). (Of these, my favorite is the Merten
Spiesse.)

At the time the article was written www.johnstevenson-gallery.com was
showing a bunch of Ruben's gums. I assume it does still.

Judy