Advice: Drying Large Sheet Film (20x24+)

From: Sean ^lt;sean@ecurb.net>
Date: 10/31/04-07:45:46 AM Z

Hi,

I have finally graduated to larger films and wanted to get some direction on
drying methods for large sheet films. I have been working with the Aristo
APHS Litho Film (cost reasons), which as we all know is very delicate. I
have been producing positive films for a photogravure project, and have been
called upon to create much larger work for the printer.

Many thanks to Post Factory and its contributors for getting me this far.

What recommendations can you offer after the photoflo bath? I have been
screen air drying the 8x10 & 11x14 films with acceptable results (although I
occasionally have to rewash a sheet because of drying marks), but feel there
must be a better way.

Any sharing of wisdom or witchcraft would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Sean Farren
Digital by Day. Analog by Desire.