Re: pyro developed negs for cyanotype?

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 10/31/04-06:08:22 PM Z

Diana,

The long and the short of it is that negatives that are well-exposed
and developed in a pyro staining developer should not print any
slower than negatives that are well-exposed and developed in
non-staining developers.

I strongly suspect that the problem with the Fujifilm is a UV coating
of the type that TMAX-100 has. This coating, as others have
mentioned, amounts to UV filtration of about log 1.00, or more than
three full stops of exposure.

I have never used Fujifilm but know of no reason other than UV
filtration that could explain such long printing times for negatives
that look good to the eye. However, I would be happy to test the film
by taking a densitometer reading in UV mode if you could manage to
get the gentleman in question send me one of his scratch negatives.

Sandy