Way off topic (Skype)

From: FDanB@aol.com
Date: 04/07/05-08:39:16 PM Z

Sorry if this off-topic post eats an offending bite of bandwidth but
there's a chance it can help our shrinking band of chemical-based
printers keep in touch more easily.

There is good, easy to use software that lets you use your internet
connection for free long distance calls anywhere in the world. The
software is called Skype and you can download it (free) at www.skype.com
for Mac, Windows and Unix. Note: you do not need broadband.

If there's a catch, it's that a good microphone really helps a lot. I'm
using a Logitec USB headset and the sound quality is much better than
that of a conventional phone.

You can even use it to call ANY normal phone in the world but there is a
charge for that (still lower than phone-to-phone calls). For instance,
you can use Skype to call Australia from the U.S. for about $0.02 per
minute.

Now in a feeble attempt to make this post somewhat pertinent, today I
spoke with two former workshop students, one in the Netherlands and one
in Spain. It was great to help them with some problems without worring
about long-distance fees.

That's all. And I don't have any connection with Skype or Logitec. Hope
it helps someone!

Dan

www.danburkholder.com
www.TinyTutorials.com

----
"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted
me."
-- Nathaniel Lee
(on being consigned to a mental institution, ca. 17th cen.)