RE: price of pt/pd printing

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@mynet.com>
Date: 04/08/05-08:33:59 AM Z

Well, to me Vandykes are not as good as pt/pd prints in shadows. In my
Vandyke prints shadows are often compressed but I get extremely nice and
delicate shadow detail with my Ziatypes. Please note that both are
printed using digital negatives (of different types: Vandykes with
imagesetter negatives, Ziatypes with inkjet negatives). I think price
for pt/pd sensitizer is very unimportant when compared to the price of
the paper you're printing on. So, I don't see pt/pd printing as "too
costly". My quadtone inkjet prints cost as much as (if not more than) my
Ziatypes.

Regards,
Loris.