Re: 1280 going berserkers

From: Bob Maxey ^lt;written_by@msn.com>
Date: 04/08/05-09:16:11 AM Z

>>>Having said all that, I vote for making negatives the old fashioned way.
I have yet to see a digineg made with a home printer (as opposed to
high-resolution linescanner diginegs on film) that would not betray its
heritage when printed on a high-resolution medium (gelatin silver, albumen,
or carbon). I can almost always tell prints from home-printer diginegs
even on lower-resolution Pt/kalli/salt/cyano prints, and prefer the look of
an all-analog printing chain. One day, we will have the digital output
tools we need, although I doubt that home-printer diginegs will ever get
there -- but someone will make an affordable linescanner or equivalent, and
we will all be admitted to digital heaven. But that day is not here yet!>>>

It always comes down to money.

You might wish to visit this site: http://www.dyetransfer.org/images/DyeTran.pdf ( the PDF file is about 2 mB.

Jim Browning uses digital techniques for making separations for the Dye Transfer Process. He actually designed and built his own scanner and makes scans on film. He also oats his own matrix film emulsions. He is a consultant and knows his stuff. He is talented, qualified, and serious. Listen to him (smiley).

You can join the Yahoo DT group and ask questions about strategies other might use to create inj-jet printed negatives.

Bob
..
 Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msncom