Re: Glut, formaline, sizing

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@bellsouth.net>
Date: 04/10/05-06:49:42 AM Z

Hi Maria,
I only use one or maybe two coats of this brushed on; however, you only use
10 g of gelatin per liter and I use 28, so maybe three coats is OK,
especially on Rives. Let us know. You will notice if you use too much,
because it will feel like a layer of acrylic on the paper. It is very
smooth as a size. Even the papers I felt like had too much sizing (two
thick brushed on coats of my size) still printed well, though, which is odd.

I use 1 drop of 100% thymol solution (10g thymol in 10 ml methylated
alcohol) per 5 oz gum and no souring. Plus, it smells good.
Chris