Stain in Pt./Pd. printing, was Re: price of pt/pd printing

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@CLEMSON.EDU>
Date: 04/12/05-09:30:29 AM Z

Chris,

Are you replenishing the ammonium citrate developer after each use? I
have not used ammonium citrate but with sodium citrate I have found
that if you don't replenish the developer on a consistent basis your
will start to get stain from iron hydroxide, which is very difficult
if not impossible to completely clear.

Another thing to check would be the pH of your developer. If for any
reason it is on the base rather than acidic side my experience has
been that iron hydroxide stain is very likely to happen.

Based on the description of your working procedures I don't believe
there is much chance at all that you are getting stain from the light
box getting too hot. And you have a fan in the box, right?

Sandy