Re: Stain in Pt./Pd. printing, was Re: price of pt/pd printing

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@bellsouth.net>
Date: 04/13/05-11:40:09 AM Z

Success!!!!!! Yes! Yes! Yes! I feel like Meg Ryan.
Thanks to all you guys that helped with my first of many problems with
pt/pd, being a newbie.
I did all the steps (replenish developer, change clear, checked pH of dev,
etc), still stain. So this morning I did a test: not having ruby lith on
hand, I put a black ink border in Photoshop around each neg. In one neg I
left part of a color ink only border on one side, with a black border around
that. Sure enough, where the black border is, no stain, where the color
border is, slight stain, which I guess should now really be called exposure.
The black held back all light so no exposure occurred. Clean, white
borders.
I'm excited! You guys are soooo cooool.
Chris