Re: Demachy and Maskell's postscript

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 04/14/05-12:08:07 PM Z

Hmm. Idly re-reading the D&M postscript which is sitting here in front
of me, I see that they say that in their first attempts at this method,
the highlights dissolved away too quickly, but by adjusting the
proportions of materials they got better results. "A very little
patience and practice will teach each worker what is best for his own
requrements." Since I'm perfectly happy with my own methods, I guess I
don't have that much patience, but it's worth noting that mine are
apparently typical beginner's results for this method. But I agree that
it's not worth the bother of coating in two steps, even if I could
figure out how to make a print as good this way as the usual way.
kt