Re: Demise of film

From: Dan Burkholder ^lt;fdanb@aol.com>
Date: 08/08/05-08:50:30 AM Z

I agree with Greg. No doubt we'll see "coating your own bromide
emulsion" workshops in the near future.

With all the excitement that digital has brought to the medium, there's
a tendency to overlook the brilliant chemists and physicists who
delivered such amazing image quality during the "classic" era of
photography. To me at lease, measuring electricity across a
photo-receptor seems much simpler than the daunting task of coating
multiple layers of silver salts on acetate to replicate the colors
around us.

Just my $0.02

Dan