Just realized something about New Orleans...

From: Christopher Lovenguth ^lt;chris@chrisportfolio.com>
Date: 08/30/05-02:43:24 PM Z

Even though it doesn't compare to lives changing (I have 4 very close
friends who are all safe and out of the city, but don't know if they can
ever go back), lives lost or maybe soon to be lost and a whole city that
will change forever, I just realized today that A Gallery is in the French
Quarter. What a vital (and I would say the most accessible to the pubic)
collection! It sounds impersonal to worry about something like that, but at
the same time, what a loss if anything happens to that collection.

What a loss of a cultural and important city. I personally believe New
Orleans is more important then I think most people know since most Americans
really only think of drunken times in the tourist sections, but of the many
many places I have visited in this country, New Orleans really was rare in
that it had kept so much of it's own identity in times like this. I will
miss Old New Orleans, it will be rebuilt and good might come from all this,
but, it will never be the same.

-Chris