Re: Why multiple exposure (was Re: (Gum) Tonal scale)

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@montana.net>
Date: 12/02/05-01:35:51 PM Z

Agreed. Cerulean (the real thing) is not only opaque and expensive but it
is granulatey and doesn't have much saturation. It also maddeningly sinks
to the bottom of the stock pigment mix, because it is so heavy. I find this
a problem with nickel titanate also--a heavy pigment that I don't use
anymore anyway because of its greeny tone and its muted quality. But heck,
maybe a tricolor printed with cerulean and nickel titanate and red oxide
would be gorgeous...one of my next thoughts is to try different renditions
of tricolor (e.g. raw sienna, venetian red, etc.)
chris
ps Katharine, that handprint website is just a HOOT. I have been combing
through it for all kinds of info for a "master" list of possible gum
tricolors by brand name as well as color number. I like his website because
it is so anal and obsessive--when he gets into it he does it up BIG and
WELL. And he doesn't mince words when talking about paint manufacturers.