Re: Inkjet (2200) digital neg banding

From: David & Jan Harris ^lt;david.j.harris2@ntlworld.com>
Date: 12/03/05-04:00:44 PM Z

Clyde

I have had this same problem with my 2100. Are you using a colour fill which
involves black inks? If any black ink at all is involved then banding is
more pronounced.. Of course without using black you may struggle to achieve
sufficient UV density and may need a higher contrast mix, though I can get
away with a lower contrast mix than yours without needing black ink.

Even without using black ink I have had some banding on one particular image
which has been driving me nuts. I solved this by feeding the negative into
the printer in landscape format rather than portrait. For some reason it
didn't band that way. Don't ask me why!

Dave