Re: (Gum) Tonal scale

From: Tom Sobota ^lt;tsobota@teleline.es>
Date: 12/08/05-03:13:43 PM Z

Katherine,

Yesterday you said were very weary of the discussion we were
having, so I more or less cut it short so as not to cause you
further distress. So I were perhaps not too careful about exact meaning.

The 'opaque tone printers' thing was just a shorter version of your
'people who prefer opaque pigments'. Of course you never said it, it
was me who did. Wrongly, because I should have said 'dark tone printers'.

I know that phthalo blue is a transparent pigment, I told you I use
it. But I don't use it alone. When applied together with several
layers of other pigments, the end result can be pretty opaque,
believe me. Also dark.

But now it is me who is weary of this discussion. I have the feeling
that it is drifting out of control.

BTW I still don't know the answer to my last question to you.

Tom