Re: What to Call Full Color Gum Prints

From: Tom Sobota ^lt;tsobota@teleline.es>
Date: 12/08/05-02:00:58 PM Z
Juan Miguel is exposing his work these days someplace near Cáceres, where he lives, so he will probably miss all the laugh at the expense of his translating program.

I'm the first one to enjoy a good laugh, folks, but in an international list where everybody does as he can with his English, even to the point of having to use a translating program, these jokes are probably not a very clever idea. If you really must, why not make your comments off-list? What has changed since you 'didn't want to embarrass the person' ?

This word confusion  only arises in English, since in Spanish 'gum' and 'rubber' is the same word, as you probably realized, so it is not half as funny. Yes, it is also used in that other sense.

Tom