RE: What do you think of...

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 12/11/05-02:51:12 AM Z

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005, Don Bryant wrote:

> Yves,
>
> Although I suppose most gum printers would consider the Zimmerman method of
> gum printing non standard, I do recall one fellow several years ago that
> posted a link on the B&S web site to scans of prints he had completed using
> the Zimmerman method. As I recall they looked quite good.

AFAIK, Zimmerman was first published in The Photo Miniature series, early
in the 20th century, then was included in an anthology of Demachy and
Puyo, et al, about 10 years later.

It probably "worked," as far as it went, but, aside from the hassle with
multi-coat gum -- think of all the blotters down the tube...

J.