Re: New Orleans visit?

From: Shannon Stoney ^lt;sstoney@pdq.net>
Date: 12/11/05-07:18:16 PM Z

>This is slightly offtopic, but ultimately it's about gum, and I
>don't know anyone personally in this area...
>

>Anyone on this list live from Biloxi to New Orleans or vicinity that
>can email me **offlist** if I'm nuts to think of trying to find a
>cheap ticket right after christmas to fly in for a week of
>photographing? My husband and I drove all along the coast last
>spring (photographing) on our move back to MT--Steinhatchee to New
>Orleans--and I want to retrace some of that drive (plus go to A
>Photography Gallery in New Orleans). I'm devastated about some of
>these places being destroyed.
>

>We're OK with roughing it...pair of jeans and backpack...email
>offlist especially if you're gonna tell me I'm nuts.
>
>Chris

It's ok, I did it. I've been to New Orleans twice since the
hurricane. Once we stayed in a B and B near Baton Rouge, called
Chretien Point Plantation. So you can stay there. Also we stayed in
teh French Quarter at the Villa Convento. It's doable. I
photographed my partner's father's house that flooded.

--shannon

PS not sure that gallery is open again yet. It wasn't a month ago.