iron-silver processes

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 12/12/05-01:06:30 AM Z

Thanks for the link to the results of your experiment. This is
interesting. I gathered that #7 and #9 are toned versions of #2. Is
this correct?

What do you get if you dilute Poly Toner 1:200? What about 1:1000?
(both after fix) What do you get if you tone for shorter time?

On my screen, #9 doesn't look too bad, maybe except for the raised
fog. Perhaps you should test whether #9 is significantly resistant to
oxidative attacks, together with #2 and #10, using peroxide fuming
test.

In relation to the raised fog level with toning, I suspect something
reactive is in the paper. Iron and silver are two obvious
suspects. Did anyone test for the presence of these? (even crude ones
would suffice)

Do you use citric acid and fix baths one-shot? Do you mix sensitizing
solution and citric acid bath with tap water?

I know citric acid is a popular clearing agent but do people use
superior iron chelators such as saturating solution of Na2EDTA? (Of
course, there are a lot of other things that may be worth testing.)