cyanotype rex

From: TERRYAKING@aol.com
Date: 12/13/05-05:04:27 PM Z

ryberg wrote:

> That was the upcomming 2004 APIS meeting which was supposed to reveal
>the workings of cyanotype rex.
> Now, I fully appreciate the fact that someone might develop a process
>and want to keep the details secret or sell them to students at a workshop.
>But such limitations ought to be stated which, as far as I can see, Mr. King
>has never done.
>Charles still clueless in Portland

Charles

This was very carefully explained on the list yesterday.

Both these processes which are in principle simple, needed a great deal of
time and experiment and expensive materials to get them to a state which
others can use inexpensively with confidence and without frustration.

I intend to charge for the explanatory pdfs in order to recover my costs.
Books too, have to pay their way. I will be running workshops in the UK and
the US.

The method has not been published before, although if you were to trawl
through nneteenth century literature you would find similar approaches.

We did it the other way round. We did the experiments and checked with the
literature.

I have been making alternative process prints for thirty years and have
found simple methods which work. without all the overcomplication and pointy hat
stuff. Have another look at my web site.

Terry

Terry King FRPS

RPS Historical Group (Chairman)

_www.hands-on-pictures.com/_ (http://www.hands-on-pictures.com/)