Re: Liquid Ag Emulsion and a non-standard developer?

From: Joe Smigiel ^lt;jsmigiel@kvcc.edu>
Date: 12/13/05-09:45:16 PM Z

Mark,

A photographer in Manitoba (IIRC) with pseudonym "Calamity Jane" has
reported terrible results this year with the Rockland developer. She
has posted about her trials several times on the large-format list and
apug.org forums so you might do a search there for more information or
to contact her. She eventually abandoned the pseudo-tintypes and dove
into wetplate collodion recently as a result.

Joe

>>> m.mackenzie@sasktel.net 12/13/05 5:09 PM >>>
I am investigating a "modern tintype" process as purveyed by Rockland
Colloid. They recommend their AgPlus emulsion (if I remember correctly)

and a proprietary developer.

Being experimentally minded and across a shipping border where costs
mount (US/Canada) I would like to know if anyone has successfully
developed Rocklands emulsion using their own formulation of developer?

Regards

Mark MacKenzie

www.pastink.com