Re: Paper nergs without oiling.

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 12/13/05-04:17:00 PM Z

Hi John,
Yes, paper negatives work well with commercial silver paper, but if
you tried to print that same RC paper negative onto gum, you'd be
exposing all day. (Unless maybe you did it in the sun, but still I
think enough heat might build up under that slab of pastic that is the
backing on RC paper that you'd probably cook the emulsion). At any
rate, oiling isn't going to work with an RC paper negative, because the
backing is plastic, not paper, and won't take to oil. Some people (Jack
Fulton, I think) have had good luck peeling the emulsion off RC paper
and throwing away the back, but I never have been able to make that
work for me.
Katharine

I've oiled both digital and fibre-based paper negatives.