Sizing paper with gum and dichromate, was Re: glut

From: Kees Brandenburg ^lt;ctb@zeelandnet.nl>
Date: 12/15/05-08:26:26 AM Z

Loris, Yves and others,

I tried gum sizing too and got the same greenish stain that would not
clear even after a long(er) disulfite bath and wash. Probably I
overexposed. But why not standardize things a little bit more and size
with gum and expose with your standard printing time through a clear
sheet of printing substrate (or film). I'll give that a try this week. I
do like my gelatin/formalin or gelatin/glyoxal sized papers but there's
allways a different 'feel' in the first (gum on gelatin) and the
subsequent (gum on gum) coats.

-kees