Re: gum printing color combinations

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 12/22/05-08:58:07 AM Z

On Dec 21, 2005, at 4:43 PM, Christina Z. Anderson wrote:

> I did determine that cadmium red, which I don't use anyway as a
> general rule, is not that great. Its opacity makes for a dull final
> layer,

     :--)

Like I said, it's a matter of personal preference, how much attention
you pay to fine distinctions in transparency/opacity between pigments.
  But the transparent/opaque distinctions I make between pigments are
distinctions that I have personally noticed and made use of in gum
printing, so for me at least, the fact that pigments are diluted with
gum in gum printing is already taken into account when I make
distinctions of transparency/opacity between pigments. But like I've
said a million times, I'm not here to impose my preferences on anyone,
only to tell you what works for me. Paying attention to this
characteristic of pigments works for me. Peace to All, and Season's
Greetings to All,
Katharine