Re: scanning prints larger than ISO A4 size

From: FDanB@aol.com
Date: 02/21/05-05:54:53 PM Z

I think Jack is right about doing 4x5 digital back captures of your
prints for best quality. If that's not in the cards, you might try doing
it on a shoestring. Scan the print in sections with your flatbed
(allowing 25-30 percent overlap between scans) and let Photohsop CS do
the stitching via File>Automate>Photomerge. Currently, you're limited to
stitching 8-bit images in CS but if you have all the tones where you want
them in the prints, you probably won't be doing that much post-processing
anyway so 8 bits should be fine. Retouching for dust isn't bit depth
sensitive.

Good luck with your prints!

Dan

>> As a former signal processor (I think I still am, I just don't use it
>> on daily basis any more) I think someone must've automated this
>> procedure... no?
>As I sit here and think, perhaps the two halves might be knitted
>together through QuickTime VR
>which is a program to join consecutively photographed pieces to form a
>panorama.

www.danburkholder.com

www.TinyTutorials.com

----
"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted
me."
-- Nathaniel Lee
(on being consigned to a mental institution, ca. 17th cen.)