Crappy/Krappy Rant Process

From: Dalyvoss@aol.com
Date: 01/04/05-11:35:01 AM Z

I'm still not sure. After visiting your web site and looking at those still
lifes . . . do you make your own paint? Blend terpentine with gum arabic?
Or, do you use tube paint, jar paint . . . or what?

Just asking.

S.
---------------------------------------

            ok you made me actually THINK about that for a nanosecond, and i
realized that those paintings are a bunch of pastels (no i won't mention
which brand, but i do have a favorite ;o) ), and pastels are, to me at least,
the most elemental LEAST process oriented form of making images. It's like
going back to childhood and "coloring" with little sticks of color. ( only the
little sticks cost a lot more )

contrast that with the reason i am a new member of this list... i am in the
early stages of learning to make photogravures! From what i can tell, maybe
the most process laden way to make images. go figure :o/

susan

_dalyvoss.com/paintings_ (http://dalyvoss.com/paintings/)
Susan Daly Voss
lower upstate NY