Photogravure

From: HNMM CLEARY ^lt;HNMM@hcleary.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: 01/05/05-08:49:05 AM Z

Keep me in touch with your efforts. I have only managed to make one copper plate and I decided you need the skills of a photographer of a century ago for the production of the negative and the skills of a master printmaker to produce the copper plate. They are beautiful images however. Is photo-etching considered as photo-alt by the list? It falls between two schools as printmakers sneer at the use of photography to create the image and photographers regard the production of a metal plate as non-photographic. I do a lot of photo-etching work and consider it my substitute for photogravure. Hellena----- Original Message -----