Re: Author frustration.

From: SteveS ^lt;sgshiya@redshift.com>
Date: 01/14/05-01:09:11 AM Z

I put myself on the phone with Joe. For one, sorry to have heard he's left
the magazine.

I queried the article before writing anything, then had it reviewed by their
technical experts, and did some more research to find I had some facts mixed
back to front. (Reversal color film 'layers' were reversed from what I
understood) and got everything straightened out when Cole Weston died.

Not that that would have had any direct impact on the article, but my father
passed away, too; then I got a TV series offer, a screenplay deal, . . .
business and sorrow proved to be a mix that left the article unfinished.

Joe did return the photos and article, which was packaged and submitted; but
mostly it was due to a personal rapport developed on the phone.

Call them, talk, make your voice smile, plea, be persistant. Don't threaton
or give up. But, don't let them get away with nothing.

S.