RE: Author frustration.

From: Eric Neilsen ^lt;e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net>
Date: 01/15/05-02:37:27 PM Z

Yes they do look for unpublished material, but if it really strikes a cord
with them, and the site gets little traffic, then I doubt that it would
matter that much to them. Publishing can be a volume business or it can be
just for the love of getting the information out there. Individuals are in
a much better position to do it for the love of it with e-books and the
services that you describe. Where as larger publishers have big bottom
lines and other concerns, individual writers/publishers can concentrate on
self centered motivations. How much does one really make from the publisher?
In many ways articles are free advertising of services. The potential for
teaching workshops, print sales, etc. from the exposure in the publication
one might argue, is more valuable compensation than the pay check.

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street
Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226